What are the commonalities? FOOD! It always goes back to food, as it should- and when it roles around to Valentine's Day, it doesn't matter if you think its a lame occasion or a perfect justification to devote all your love & attention to that someone special.
Breakfast, overall, is a very overlooked meal! Imagine on Tuesday, sneaking out of bed a little early in the morning to prepare a few of the following ideas, then turning on the coffee pot and letting the aroma awaken your lovie. I can almost promise the rest of the day will feel fantastic, and full of love:)
(idea from http://www.annathered.com/)
~ Eggs (as many as desired)
~ A milk or juice carton (cut open, washed and dried) -OR- ziplock bag box covered in a piece of plastic wrap.
~ A round chopstick or another round utencil
~ 2 rubberbands
- First cut the milk carton or ziplock box in half, lengthwise. Cover with a piece of plastic wrap to keep things nice & clean.
- Hard boil your eggs. Peel once it's cooked & slightly cooled. Set aside and keep warm until your "contraption" is all set.
- Place the egg lengthwise (while it's still warm) into the box/carton. Place the chopstick or round utencil across the center of the egg, then place rubberbands on both ends.
- Set the "contraption" into the fridge for a minimum of 10-15 minutes.
- Finally, remove the egg from the "contraption" and slice in half. Your heart is now ready to serve to your love.
Serve your warm egg with some yummy heart-shaped bacon. Perfectly place your uncooked bacon strips into the shape of a heart on your skillet. Cook it low and slow so it doesn't lose it's shape.